Growing up in Michigan the fall is synonymous with leaves, piles and piles of leaves, bright beautiful colors, and the change to cooler temperatures. Sweaters and coats come out, and bathing suits and shorts are packed away.
It is sooooo different here in Florida!! While the weather MAY get dryer and a little cooler, we certainly don’t get the seasonal blitz of panoramic color.
My solution is to make small changes throughout the house to welcome the (hopefully) cooler weather and start preparing for the HOLIDAY SEASON.
Here are 5 simple changes to update your rooms without breaking the budget.
1. Paint – This is one of the least expensive home improvements. A simple change in paint color can freshen up tired looking walls, and completely change the look of the room.
2. Pillows – Add some fun color pillows to your sofas and chairs. An orange or yellow geometric pillow will add a new twist to an existing piece of furniture.
3. Bedding – How many of you will be having out of town guests in for the holidays? Maybe it’s time to transform that guest room into a tranquil spa-like retreat with bedding and pillows in a neutral palette. Your guests will not want to leave!
4. Reupholster or purchase new sofa or chairs. I recently swapped a chair from my family room to my bedroom and reupholstered it in a gorgeous Thibaut fabric to match my new bedding and window treatments. (More pictures to come in the following weeks) I found just the right chair for my family room to replace it from CR Laine, can’t wait to get it in next month.
5. Window treatments – Is it time to update your window coverings? Is your fabric tired looking and out dated? One option is to take down your existing heavy top treatment and install a new set of drapery panels or a roman shade.
I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions for transforming your home from to summer to fall!!! Please post it in the comments section below.
And if you would like help with “updating” your home for the season, please stop by or call.